Local Academy Committee
Welcome to the Lydney & Aylburton Local Academy Committee Section.
Our Local Academy Committees play a vital role in the life of our schools. If you would like to get involved, please contact us.
If there is anything you would like to discuss with your Local Academy Committee please contact us via the Clerk; email@example.com.
The Local Academy Representatives
The Local Academy Representatives have a responsibility for delegated matters concerning Lydney & Aylburton school; including the upholding the Christian ethos of the schools, promoting ties with the outside community, maintenance of the buildings and appointment of staff. The Local Academy Committee meet at least once a term.
Agenda and Minutes are available in the School office on request.
The Local Academy Committee represents Lydney & Aylburton school's within the wider Severn Federation Academy Trust.
They are responsible for:
- Monitoring the Christian distinctiveness within the schools.
- Ensuring accountability.
- Monitoring and evaluating the schools progress.
- Monitoring safeguarding procedures within the schools.
- Monitoring and promoting links between the schools and the local parish, parents and local community.
- Ensuring the highest possible standards are set, achieved and maintained in the schools.
- Ensuring pupils spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development is nurtured.
- Ensuring the well-being of pupils, staff and families is supported.
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Head of School.
Whilst the governors are always open to ideas and opinions they are not primarily responsible for:
- Discussing the individual needs of pupils (please contact your child's teacher for this).
- Complaints/concerns about staff (this should initially be addressed to the Head Teacher).
- Fund raising and social events (this is run by the Friends).
Composition of the Local Academy Committee
|Head of School||2||2||0|
|Name||Governor Type||Appointing Body||Responsibility||Register of Interests||Governor at another school||Term of Office|
|Rev. Michelle Ireland||Co-opted||L&A Committee||Safeguarding||None||Ellwood Community Primary School||30.11.21 to 29.11.25|
|Mrs. Rachel Dare||Head of School||Ex-Officio||Staff||No||N/A|
|Mrs. Emma Isaac||Head of School||Ex-Officio||Staff||No||N/A|
|Mrs. Sara Stiddard||Parent||Parents of Lydney School||None||No||30.09.21 to 29.09.25|
|Mr. Jon Powell||Parent||Parents of Lydney School||Sports Premium & Wellbeing|
Treasurer of Lydney Friends (PTA)
Children at a SFAT school
|No||30.09.21 to 29.09.25|
|Miss. Alice Hatton||Staff||Staff Members||Staff||No|